Rich Dad Poor Dad is an international bestseller that was written by Robert T. Kiyosaki, who spent his whole life learning the lessons of both financial struggle and success.
The book teaches readers not to listen to their parents’ advice about money, but instead listen to the voice of experience. It emphasizes the importance of developing multiple sources of income and avoiding high levels of debt.
Below are the powerful quotes from Rich Dad Poor Dad book that help improve yourself.
1. The poor and the middle class work for money. The rich have money work for them.
2. Rich people acquire assets. The poor and middle class acquire liabilities that they think are assets.
3. Work to learn don’t work for money.
4. Most people simply buy investments rather than first investing in learning about investing.
5. A person can be highly educated, professionally successful, and financially illiterate.
6. “What I know makes me money. What I don’t know loses me money. Every time I have been arrogant, I have lost money. Because when I’m arrogant, I truly believe that what I don’t know is not important”
7. In school we learn that mistakes are bad, and we are punished for making them. Yet if you look at the way humans are designed to learn, we learn by making mistakes. We learn to walk by falling down. If we never fell down, we would never walk.
People who avoid failure also avoid success.
8. The single most powerful asset we all have is our mind. If it is trained well, it can create enormous wealth seemingly instantaneously. An untrained mind can also create extreme poverty that can crush a family for generations.
9. In today’s fast-changing world, it’s not so much what you know anymore that counts, because often what you know is old. It is how fast you learn. That skill is priceless.
The book talks about how one dad gives his children money, while the other teaches them how to make it on their own. The author concluded by saying “One dad gives his kids money; the other teaches them how to make it on their own.”